Old SEO techniques are dead and we all know that old methodologies of increased back links and stuffing too many keyword is now an instant flagging on Google algorithms resulting into removal of your site and keywords from searches made on Google by the users.
This is no longer a mathematical algorithm but is a human one. It’s time to evaluate content and target keywords accordingly. You have to keep on updating your site and blog contents keeping in mind the above on regular basis (twice a week minimum).
Once you have done all the On-Page Optimization, placing robot.txt, Metatags and Keywords, Alt tags, keyword density analysis, Google analytics configuration, linking your Google adword account (if you run the PPC or searches), HTML site map, bad link removal and doing a Google Penguin or Panda algorithm audit for the site.
What should you address in order to rank your site or product on the top:
- Press release/Blog submissions with unique articles around one of your product or service (without too much of links)
- Web 2.0 properties
- Blog creation and regular updates (without too much or direct product promotion)
- "How to” articles
- Twitter page and updates
- Facebook page and updates
- Pinterest page creation and update with unique and attractive product/service images
- Video content around your product/service
- You tube page creation
- Google+ page creation
- Regular shares on Google+, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, You tube- in order to establish your social back-links
- Anchor text diversity (you should avoid exact keywords)
- Natural back-links with link worthy articles
- Active participation in various forums related to the product or service
- Social book marking and site submissions (to selected directories)